Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fourty Of The Best

Morning Run Distance: 40:24
Afternoon Run Distance: Nil
Average Pace: 6:39
Other: Nil
Weekly Total: 112:95
Monthly Total: 162:58
Yearly Total: 162:58
Running Calendar: Mt Tennent Trail Run - Jan, Weston Creek Half Marathon - Mar, Six Foot Track - Mar, Canberra Marathon (possible ultra) - Apr.

Today five eager beavers fronted for the next of the SFT training runs. This time it was at Mt Ainslie and the route we would follow was a close replica to the Bush Capital run. The turn around point for the first loop being the underpass on the Federal Highway. Turn around then back to the start.

The second loop was in reverse but only as far as the resevoir. I was a little short on distance so I did a quick out and back to take me over the 40kms.

The pace at the start was red hot and at the 5km mark I just couldn't maintain contact. From then on I ran my own run. Still it was good to go out hard at the beginning because that is what SFT or any other race is like.

A good soak in LBG before heading home. Another enjoyable run.

No comments: