Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kookaburra Gate

Morning Run Distance: 33:59
Afternoon Run Distance: Nil
Average Pace: 7:33
Other: Nil
Weekly Total: 105:42
Monthly Total: 83:22
Yearly Total: 2086:73
Running Calendar: Googong Half Marathon - July, Bush Capital Marathon (60km) - July, Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail - Oct, Orroral Valley Classic - Oct, Mt Majura Vineyards Three Peaks - Nov, Deep Space Mountain Marathon - Nov Tour De Mountain - Dec.

I set out on this mornings run with the fog hanging very low. I needed 30km+ to go over 100km for the week. Out behind Conder, Banks, Gordon to Pt Hut. Along the river track to Pine Is and then on to the Kookaburra Gate. Good to get out that way again. I haven't been there since last Winter. Too many snakes over Summer.

A beautiful fox crossed my path just after the stone wall. He/ or she was in full Winter coat. A few roos and plenty of ravens was the only other wildlife I saw. No dog walkers out, it must have been too cold or they were enjoying a sleep in.

I turned at the Kookaburra Gate and went back to Pine Is, then returned home via the Bonython track. A good run but very slow as you can see by my pace. I just couldn't get started for much of the run.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I think slow is fine on many of these runs. Had a long chat to Martin yesterday at the cross country - he said he did his long runs in the Brindies as 4:1 run/walk ratio all the way, so overall, not that fast. Although he said he got his walking pace on the flat down near 7 minute ks. He said the volume gave him a great aerobic base.

Good to see some wildlife about. I saw a juvenile wombat near the elec sub-station last week - keep an eye out when you're up that way.