Run Distance: Mon 16:43, Tue 16:40, Wed 16:38, Thu 10:61, Sat 35:30, Sun 19:29, Mon 16:37, Tue 10:61, Wed 16:35, Thu 16:41, Fri 10:65, Sat 20:05, Sun 20:04
Average Pace: N/A
Weekly Total: 20:04
Monthly Total: 244:23
Yearly Total: 3189:24
Running Calendar: The Tan 100, Centennial Park 100
Most of my runs over the last week or so have been done with a fair degree of tightness in the lower back, hip flexors, glutes and quads. Yesterday and today I ran the same run to Pine Is.
Yesterdays run was a shocker. Everything was tight and I was slow, slow, slow. It was my slowest run for this course. Not much fun but I needed to get the run done.
This morning I set out expecting another long and tiresome run but .... everything was free. I felt like a well oiled machine. No sign of the 'old man syndrome' I had endured for so long. My legs were pulling through effortlessly on every stride and I had my speed back. I'm not sure what I did but I'll go with it as long as it lasts.
I love running when I feel this good. I hope it lasts until I run the Tan next month. Really want to put in a good showing for this one.
2 comments:
Wow, that's amazing. Must have tweaked the nerve into submission. Keep it going. No resting up like 2Fs or you might catch a virus!
Funny how it can all change in a day. Well done. Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday, just too buggered. Also check that Centennial Park date has changed back one week to 23rd Sept.
Post a Comment