Sunday, July 6, 2008

Technical Hitch

Morning Run Distance:20:22Km
Afternoon Run Distance:Nil
Other:Stretching
Weekly Total:20:22
Monthly Total:125:28
Yearly Total:2063:87
Running Calendar: Googong Half - July and Jaggad Bush Marathon - July, Brindabella Classic - October.

Got up this morning to go for my run, I went outside to check over my running shoes, glass, stones and grass seeds. Got back in the front door and as I turned felt a twinge in right hip. I thought that I had done something major as I had difficulty moving. I had pinched my Sciatic nerve. I spent the next hour stretching it out until it felt a bit better and I could run on it.

I think that using the belt with a water bottle yesterday put too much pressure on my hips. I will go back to the fuel belt if I need to carry extra water.

Out the door I went to do my usual post long run. Pine Is, river track, dog exercise yard and home. No evidence of me being any slower although I did know it was there. Ibuprofen and rest should see it right for my next scheduled run on Tuesday.


No comments: