Sunday, April 20, 2014

Taper Race Recover

Run Distance: Week to 12 Apr = 21:17, Week to 19 Apr = 99:32
Monthly Total: 171:84
Yearly Total: 1334:52

Running Calendar: 
A Races: Sri Chinmoy 24 (Jun), Canberra 100KM (Sep)
B Races: Centennial Park or Sixty4 (Aug), C2K Crewing (Dec)

Another race done. A 50km road race. My time 4hr 38min was just outside my 4:15-4:30 target. I ran the first 30km well and then hip flexor tightness slowed my pace down for the next 10km. Probably cost me 16mins. A perfect day weather wise and certainly not what I expected given the week before.
I've recovered well. Took Monday off and then started back with short runs - no pace.
Being a B race means it was a dress rehersal for my next race which is the 24hr in Blacktown. Time to start racking up the big mileage. 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

4:38 wasn't too bad. I had to take a short-cut to catch up for the photo!