Saturday, June 22, 2013

Another Week - Moving Forward

Run Distance: Mon 20:76, Tue 10:68, Wed 20:39, Thu 18:39, Fri 18:43, Sat 33:72

Average Pace: N/A
Weekly Total: 122:37
Monthly Total: 391:49
Yearly Total: 1878:07

Running Calendar: Canberra Centenary 100, Hume & Hovell 100

When you have been running for a while you get to know the signs that you are either going forward or starting to go backwards. This week was full of signs that the long slow road back has been worthwhile. Tuesdays run was the first, only 10k but the pace was 5k even.Then on Thursday I ran the 18k and my pace was 4:58. I was stoked given I knew I had more to give. I backed up yesterday (Friday) and ran the 18k at 4:59 pace. I knew then that I was on the comeback.
So this mornings run, it was a cold minus 5 degrees, a good front section of the run, I backed off in the middle and had plenty in the tank for the back part. I could have run the extra 7k to take it to 40k for the day but I'll save it for tomorrow's run and put in some extra effort.  

2 comments:

Jog Blog said...

Sounds like your prep for the Centenary 100 is going well. Are you going to run the Bush Capital 63km?

softshoeshuffle said...

Jog yes I think so. I get back from Fiji on the Friday so I should be jumping out of my skin for a long run. Should be just what I need to launch me into the final build up before the Centenary 100.