Sunday, December 11, 2011

Starting Over

Run Distance: Mon 16:45, Tue 16:58, Wed 16:31, Sat 27:42, Mon 16:36, Thu 10:71, Sun 8:39, Tue 19:34, Wed 14:96, Sat 19:38
Average Pace: N/A
Weekly Total: 0:00
Monthly Total: 72:78
Yearly Total: 5026:94
Running Calendar: Stromlo 12HR

I have had a bit of a strange last few weeks of running. A pain in the glutes/hamstring/calf which I thought was Piriformis is not. I have been to my physio and after a video analysis it seems that the problem stems from my stride technique. I'm using muscles not designed for stabilisation (hip flexors, hamstring) to do the work that I should be getting the core and glutes to do. This causes a slight pelvic tilt and the calf is then doing too much work to pull the other leg through.

Simple really. So it's exercises and retraining to get the muscles to work the correct way.

Now I know what it is I can resume running but not ramp up the mileage past 120km per week.

No comments: