Friday, May 22, 2009

Taking Stock

Morning Run Distance: M'day 11:64, T'day 11:65, W'day 11:58, Th'day 11:58, Today 22:24
Afternoon Run Distance: Nil
Average Pace: 5:21, 5:12, 5:10, 5:10, 7:23
Other: Nil
Weekly Total: 90:11
Monthly Total: 298:47
Yearly Total: 1836:48
Running Calendar: Googong Half Marathon - July, Bush Capital Marathon (60km) - July, Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail - Oct, Orroral Valley Classic - Oct, Mt Majura Vineyards Three Peaks - Nov, Deep Space Mountain Marathon - Nov Tour De Mountain - Dec.

Today was the first day off I have had in a long while. Usually Friday's are a rest day for me but I couldn't let the opportunity for a run go past. I have run five short fast runs in a row so today I had a longer and slower run planned. I paid no attention to the Garmin thru the run it was simply to record the outcome.

A nice run around the back of Conder, Banks, Gordon, Pt Hut, river track to Pine Is and then home via the Bonython track. The weather wasn't very kind. Wind, cloudy, cold and patches of light drizzle. A stark contrast to the weather a week ago. Seems winter is here to stay - for a while anyway.

I uesd my running time today to take stock of where I am and what I want to achieve in the next 12 to 24 months. I have come a long way in the past 12 months. From short races I have progressed to the Bush Capital 60km and SFT. What's on the horizon, well the main races are the 60km Bush Capital again and also the full Deep Space Mountain Marathon.

Next year I think it's time to step up the distance. So I'll add some more 50km races and also the GH (either 50 or 80km).

Tomorrow I'll run between 30 and 40km depending on the weather.

1 comment:

Two Fruits said...

If you decide seriously on a Glasshouse event, my pick is the 100 km run in Sept. Mainly as it starts in daylight early morning, only the last couple of hours in the dark. The worst parts are out of the way early to middle of the day. Last week, Cookie's hill was at the 63 km mark, and the other yucky crappy parts are in the 40 - 60 km section. Weather in Sept is Ok. But all events up there are tough, rough and a lot of walking.
Still good fun, well worth the trip.